Monday, February 26, 2007

Beyond reason

colin firthIt is so easy to be smug whilst watching a Bridget Jones movie when you have been comfortably (or not so comfortably) entrenched in a relationship for years. I have to admit, that last night, I was largely motivated to endure Bridget the fuck-up and her moronic, bad-advice providing friends, by the many close-ups of Colin Firth and his dreamy, alternately smiling/hurt-filled eyes.




My conclusions:

    - it is a whole heap easier to get melancholy whilst watching any Bridget Jones movie when you are 37 and single;
    - despite playing yet another sappy, to-good-to-be-true, forty-something bachelor... Colin Firth is totally shagable!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Belongum said...

Look - I'm a bloke right... so Brigit Jones is definitely a chick flick right...?

Now I'm going to tell you that at least I thought the one with these two blokes (Colin and Hugh) in it, but NO what-her-face... Love something - now that was a good flick.

But if you tell anyone I said that C... by crikey - I won't shout you a beer at the bar for a week!

lol ;-)

10:32 AM, March 01, 2007  
Blogger Callisto said...

Love Actually, yes that was good, but a chick flick all the same.

I won't tell a soul...

10:39 PM, March 01, 2007  
Blogger thesmu said...

well, we all know i'm a hugh-girl and trust me, that was the only thing that got me through the first bridget movie. i haven't even seen the second one. (though i may have youtubed the bit's with hugh in...)
i HATED the book. i got about three chapters into it and threw it against a wall. odious and badly written pish. and no hugh.

2:02 PM, March 04, 2007  
Blogger Callisto said...

It was only those eyes that kept me watching. I had the sound off for part of it, less annoying that way.

9:08 PM, March 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home