Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Crappity, crap, crap

The crap that piles up in front of some places in the fortnight leading up to a council clean-up is amazing. So much stuff, most of which looks like it was never any use to anyone, except to have always been "Shit that I must throw out next council clean-up."
junk
The boxes of not-so-crap pre-loved toys I dumped today, were gone within minutes. I went to get my camera to take a pic of my crap (as you do), returned, and it wasn't there anymore. I guess it's gone to make some bucks for those scavenger-types that loiter with their over-laden utes, chock-full of other peoples shit.

I have friends who are not averse to perusing the shit-heaps, looking mainly for children's toys, or the odd ("OK it's magenta and it's missing a leg... but I like it") occasional-table. I reckon a good deal of the crap in front of people's houses has been crap in front of someone else's house, it's been here before crap.

8 Comments:

Blogger richmanwisco said...

i had never had the experience of observing dumpster divers until i moved to wisconsin, but now it's evident that we're not unique..

2:50 PM, February 28, 2007  
Blogger Callisto said...

Dumpster divers - that's a good turn of phrase.

7:07 PM, February 28, 2007  
Blogger Belongum said...

Oi... back off you lot - I happen to like recycling the odd 'crap' item or three.

But DEFINITELY the amount of stuff in some peoples places, is a result of too MUCH recycling in my opinion... how many times can you keep someone else rubbish alive and circulating for crikeys sake?!

lol

;-)

10:35 AM, March 01, 2007  
Blogger Callisto said...

Yep, this is recycling gone absolutely NUTS!

So, have you found anything good lately B?

10:35 PM, March 01, 2007  
Blogger Belongum said...

Actually - it's where I found the XO...

OWWWWW!

Well, aren't parties simply a human form of these heaps at times??? ;-)

Yeah - I try to be good and only get something I can actually use - or the XO throws it out. So it's got to be useful in my garden - or it has to help something I'm working on.

Got a great gas stove once - from a house that had been demolished - just in time - ours had gone on the blink. Cleaned it and fixed it up... it's given us many years of faithful service.

But yeah - most if it IS crap!

;-)

9:50 AM, March 02, 2007  
Blogger Callisto said...

Well, if you find something that useful, how could you say no? I guess the good stuff disappears so quickly around here due to the many "professionals" on the job.

8:17 PM, March 02, 2007  
Blogger thesmu said...

what is the deal with 'occassional tables' never was there such a useless piece of furniture. my mother is constantly trying to palm some of her 9000 off on me and i am not having any of it.

2:05 PM, March 04, 2007  
Blogger Callisto said...

Ha, my mother is exactly the same. With her it's occasional tables and sandwich makers, wacky woman!

9:06 PM, March 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home