Saturday, April 14, 2007

Bathtime

IMG_7474.JPGIf I were to shower now, I would go down the plug-hole like sand; most of my body may wash down into the void with the first jet of water, yet, parts of me would dally on the tiles, cling to the grout grooves, and loiter around the drain. Days later, you may step into that recess, and feel me gritty under-foot (because I'm not around to clean up after myself, I'm sand, okay?). Eventually, the relentless, erosive power of the water would ensure that all of me takes the plunge down the drain, and off I'd go, reluctant and brave, to uncharted territories. Yes, if I were to shower now, down the drain it would be, but not quickly by any means.
However, tonight I'm not feeling brave, nor geological. Tonight my body needs soothing, not to be battered and broken up by a harsh stream of water. Tonight, tonight, tonight I'm having a bath.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Rich | Championable said...

I started to think about how you'd describe a bath, in light of this post... which got really psychedelic. But, then, the next kids sporting event called, and off I run.

I think, though, that I will take a bath tonight... sound like a good idea.

3:27 AM, April 15, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the best baths are candlelit baths

9:18 AM, April 16, 2007  
Blogger Callisto said...

I want a psychedelic bath experience and I want it now!

I agree, candles and baths go together like steak and eggs.

10:26 AM, April 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home