Monday, April 02, 2007

It's a long way to the shop if you want a sausage roll

Last night, I went out to dinner in Crow's Nest. I realised on the drive there, in the dark with no views to distract me, that I live a very long fucking way from Crow's Nest, from the city, and from any decent non-special occasion restaurant (ie not like this). Last night, I spent less time dining than I did driving to and from the restaurant. I don't really know why it only struck me last night, that where I reside is so far from most hip, fab and groovy places. I suspect though, that this new-found perception, has a lot to do with the fact that I am getting old (I submit into evidence the use of the phrase, hip fab and groovy).

I may live a long way from hip, fab and groovy, but I live a minute's walk from this:

Mona Vale Beach Morning


And that alone makes living on the far side of the moon worth it.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Rich | Championable said...

Maybe it's a way to pre-emptively burn off the calories from the sausage roll by being so far therefrom. I dunno

7:30 PM, April 02, 2007  
Blogger Belongum said...

Curses! Even I don't live that close to the beach C... but I sure would like to!!!

Have a good day mate ;-)

8:42 AM, April 03, 2007  
Blogger richmanwisco said...

and this one's even better than the other one which left me speechless.

2:18 PM, April 03, 2007  
Blogger Callisto said...

Rich, yes, that is it in a nutshell.

B, I know, how lucky am I? And thanks :)

Rich, I do like this photo, it shows why I love the beach in the morning, especially at this time of the year.

9:39 PM, April 03, 2007  
Blogger thesmu said...

that has it all over fab, hip and groovy!

9:20 AM, April 04, 2007  
Blogger Callisto said...

It soooo does.

8:02 PM, April 04, 2007  
Blogger Melancholy Trollop said...

Our town is medium/small sized and we live almost smack dab in the center so I can walk to everything essential!! I really enjoy having that option. When I was younger I wanted to move to New York City or L.A. or even Seattle because it was tooo boring here but after all these years it fits me like a glove.

7:10 AM, April 06, 2007  
Blogger Callisto said...

What could be better than a glove-like fit MT? Sounds wonderful.

11:09 AM, April 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home