Thursday, May 24, 2007

House of poo

I've owned lots of cats in my life, but I've never owned one when I lived in an apartment, until now. Recently, I submitted to the wishes of the sprogs (oh, okay, I wanted one a little bit too), and adopted a cat.

I thought about the acquisition of the feline for quite a long time. Once I had made the decision to go ahead with the idea, one thing held me off the immediate purchase of the cat. That one thing, was the logistics of the placement of the kitty litter tray. Where would it go so that it would be away from inquisitive little hands, and from my over-sensitive nose? Because, cat shit is bad enough when it is unleashed in the great outdoors, confined-cat shit has to be planned for, contained, and dealt with swiftly.

Eventually, I worked out a location that I could live with, the shower of the downstairs bathroom. Simply wizard!

We love our catty and her diametric ways. She is aloof and affectionate, entertaining and dull with sleep. She is the Sergeant-Major of routine, she sleeps on schedule, she plays on schedule, and she craps on schedule, filling our mornings (briefly) with that distinctive aroma.

I needn't have worried about the little hands getting into the kitty litter, they have inherited my extreme (according to one friend) cat-poo authoritarian nature (phobia).

"Mummy Catty's done a poo, quick clean it up, CLEAN IT UUUUUUUP!" they both shout each morning as they run around holding their noses.

The poo side has all been going along fine, she has occasionally missed the tray with part of her load, which makes me bless the non-porous-tile gods. Yep all fine, until this morning, when alerted to the presence of a little cat-gemmy, I raced to the bathroom to take care of it. I ducked the punch when I entered the room from which the fowl stench was emanating, but my eyes began to water.

"Oh...my...fucking...God!" not caring that the kids could hear. Cat shit, really stinky cat shit; up the shower wall, on the shower screen, on the shower floor, on the white bathmat, everywhere...my cat had exploded, and decorated with it.

Scene: Woman, latex gloves, lashings of disinfectant and much swearing.

Catty

Did I mention I love my cat? God bless her little catty bum.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger marilyn's_shampoo said...

aw, i love cats!!

do you have a litterbox with a 'roof'?

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product_group.asp?dept_id=46&pg_id=228

i have a 'flat cat' and getting one of those changed my life!!!

9:47 AM, May 24, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely Catty!

8:33 PM, May 24, 2007  
Blogger Callisto said...

I was going to get one of those MS, but I cheaped out...bad decision. I'm going to get one now though :)

She is a very lovely Catty thanks JL.

1:44 PM, May 25, 2007  
Blogger Clarissa said...

Ai! She's got talents, she does!

11:55 PM, May 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home