Saturday, June 30, 2007

Charter: "To Make Nandos Sexy...or sumpthink"


I'm probably way behind the times, but I just saw this advert for the first time last night. I can just picture the brain stem storming session that delivered it to our tellies...

Still-drunk Alec, from Adverts are Us, feeling the pressure to deliver to the clients sitting expectantly across from him, their slight frowns indicating they may have copped a hint of his sour-drunk-breath, reaches into his recent experiences to come up with:

"Picture this, a hot MILF stripper, with tits like woooaaaarrrr," he cups his hands appreciatively, "and the firmest little peach arse that I'd pay to kiss," he sways, as if overcome by recollection. "Er, anyway, she goes to work in, um, business suits, yeah business suits, ahhhh, and she has this happy family, right. BUT, (oh yeah, this is great), she has a peri peri addiction..."

Really is it just plain fucking stupid or what? And does anyone even eat Nandos?

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Rich | Championable said...

Damn, dude.

I had to look up "Nando's" and "Peri peri" to understand this post.

(Sorry about that last comment... I was logged in from one of my testing domains. Yikes!)

1:33 AM, July 01, 2007  
Blogger Callisto said...

I still don't get it...the ad that is.

2:04 PM, July 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stupid ad. I'm glad i'm not alone in just-not-getting this.

9:30 AM, July 08, 2007  
Blogger Callisto said...

Don't ask me!!!!!!

3:08 PM, July 10, 2007  
Blogger camille said...

Oh, that is so true! That ad is ridiculous. As someone interested (and studying) advertising I just can't see any sense of it.. The only explanation is that the copywrited was indeed drunk.

6:26 PM, July 19, 2007  
Blogger Callisto said...

Hi Camille, it is ridiculous, it totally misses funny, if that is where it was aiming.

8:42 PM, July 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home