Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Mr BigLove

At the park with my Littleloves, we played soccer, we ran, we had a swing, then we lay flat on our backs on the grass to admire the blue sky and wispy clouds. Mr Big Littlelove said, "This is nice."
"It is," I replied, "I love this park."
"What do you love about it Mummy?" he asked rolling onto his tummy.
"Well, I love that you can hear the waves crashing on the beach, and that you can see the blue horizon of the ocean. I love the pine trees along the beach front and the smell of their sticky sap. I love the green of the grass, the space to run, the clean air, the birds, the people that we meet, the play equipment, I love watching the people come and go. I love the smell of the ocean and the way that the salt spray seems to mute the colour of everything." I rolled onto my stomach and asked Mr Big Littlelove, "And what about you, what do you like about this park?"
"I like the way you talk about it Mummy, it sounds better than it is when you describe it."

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Belongum said...

Sounds to me like that young fella of yours is having his mind 'well fed' there Mum (and I might be biased C but you do breath a certain amount of life into the words you just happen to string together you know!) great job!

Loved that yarn C - they catch-on to so much these little people - It's hard to imagine that perhaps we were like that once... I've got a lot to look forward to.

Seeya C

;-)

12:14 AM, June 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Belongum spoke my mind! :)

6:40 AM, June 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's lovely, I love the way you describe it too... I'd love to live by the ocean.

7:58 AM, June 07, 2007  
Blogger Callisto said...

Hi B, nice to see you :)

JL, and you too :)


Isabelle, thank you! Living by the ocean is wonderful, I could not be elsewhere.

11:54 AM, June 08, 2007  
Blogger Melancholy Trollop said...

I really loved this post. What's great is that you have written it down so when you're old and perhaps forgotten it's still there for you to read and remember!

9:13 AM, June 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home