Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Ebb and Flow

Exposed by the ebbing tide, vulnerable in the blackness: the mind flat. Conscious, ravenous in the dark, emerges from its subterranean nest, and begins to rifle and sift through the grains, hunting for: deepest, libidinous, worrisome, scrumptious, and sumptuous thoughts. Over-examining each morsel in the dark, moonbeams reflected in squinting eyes. Slowly savouring each mouthful, a member of the slow food club. Until, zing exhausted, the thought is balled and discarded, but only until the next ebb.

Sand Bubbles

4 Comments:

Blogger Melancholy Trollop said...

Too deep for my small brain but it sounds cool.

2:58 PM, July 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suck each aniseed whim down to the centre. No crunching. OE

9:46 AM, July 26, 2007  
Blogger camille said...

This reminds me of going to sleep. In the dark with no distractions from a chattering mind, no choice but to "rifle and sift through the grains" and over-examine "each morsel in the dark, moonbeams reflected in squinting eyes".

Speaking of sleep, I should probably engage in some now.

Lovely writing.

10:36 PM, July 26, 2007  
Blogger Callisto said...

MT, as long as it sounds cool.

OE, I try so hard not to, but I always crunch, I have no self control.

Camille, exactly and thank you.

10:46 AM, July 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home