Saturday, July 21, 2007

Moments

Decoloured, nearly
There are times when everything you see is black, white and drab. Then you blink, and something in your field of vision suddenly stands out in vibrant colour.

The electric kettle quit four months after I bought it. The receipt has been waiting patiently, laying where I carefully placed it on the day the kettle refused to work, watching the stove boil water, over and over and over. Today, I somehow forgot that the kettle had stopped working, and I boiled the water in it for my tea. Time heals.

My mother called. In the background I could hear my father working his bastardry, it still makes my stomach lurch and my eyes squint. Time changes nothing.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rich | Championable said...

Time is possibility, I think.

1:27 AM, July 22, 2007  
Blogger Clarissa said...

Why the kettle and not your father? People are funny.

9:52 PM, July 22, 2007  
Blogger Callisto said...

Time is.

Why not my father indeed.

10:25 AM, July 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah, that view looks beautiful. Although time is a strange quantity and changes, stops, fits and starts, sometimes times never change.

2:16 AM, July 25, 2007  
Blogger Melancholy Trollop said...

I love the photo and your beautiful words.

2:56 PM, July 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home