Monday, July 02, 2007

“O, wind, if winter comes, can spring be far behind?”

SunnyIt was pretty chilly here this morning, so I plonked myself in the 'North Room". As I endeavoured to comprehend some must-be-read documents, the sun worked it's magic on my body, and I began to thaw. Of course, I fell asleep, but the little melodrama that was playing out downstairs did not allow for a long sleep. After my power-nap I continued sitting in the sun, serotonin levelling, staring out the window but not at the view, savouring the unrivaled rush, on this blue-cool winter day.

Warm and flushed, I sit in the shadows as I type, the sunshine a mere meter from my body. Urges well-up, and I feel compelled to return into the warmth. One of the simplest pleasures, freely available to most, no age-sex-species discrimination. Awesome.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Melancholy Trollop said...

It's sooo weird to me that we share the same sun and moon but you're having winter and I am about to roast too death from summertime heat! I love your new "look" on blogger.

1:23 PM, July 06, 2007  
Blogger Callisto said...

It's a big world.

Thanks!

5:40 PM, July 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home